Invest in great teachers!
Designed to address the isolation and lack of appreciation that many teachers feel, the city-wide Thank a Teacher Today campaign starts in February and culminates in May. We invite your organization to sponsor a school for $1,200.
With your support we will deliver school supplies, a gift basket and unveil a discount program for all SFUSD teachers the week of May 7. Your organization will receive recognition on the materials delivered to the school.
We surveyed San Francisco public school teachers to understand what community members could do to help them feel valued. Their responses informed our call to action. Your sponsorship contribution and the Thank a Teacher Today campaign will:
- Mobilize thousands of San Franciscans to say thanks to our City’s teachers
- Promote the value of teachers through traditional and social media placements
- Collect nominations and host a homeplate ceremony for Mayor’s teacher-of-the-year award at a San Francisco Giants game
- Provide discounts for restaurants, gyms, stores etc. to every teacher
- Deliver gift baskets and classroom supplies to every teacher lounge
- Distribute notes of thanks, handwritten and electronic
- Place volunteers in classrooms
- Fund teacher professional development
There are also hands-on volunteer opportunities for employees to participate in the Thank a Teacher Today campaign.
Supply drive hosting, sorting & packaging
By hosting a supply drive, you can help ensure every school receives a substantial delivery of supplies. In May, we will sort thousands of reams of paper, packages of dry erase markers and pencils. Volunteers will help bundle the gifts so they can be delivered to school sites.
During the week of May 14 volunteers will deliver supplies and gift baskets to every San Francisco public school.